Welcome back to another ‘Questions To Ask’ post – this time, we’re talking CAKE! 🍰 And before I go any further, full photo credit in this post goes to Blossom Tree Cake Company.
We found our baker through a flyer we picked up at a wedding fayre at The Pavilions of Harrogate last year, and after browsing their social media and LOVING the look of the cakes they did, got in touch with Blossom Tree Cake Company. They not only offer a friendly consultation, but a chance to try up to 3 different flavours (which you pay for, but that gets deducted from the price of your cake).
Well, WOW, we will never forget our experience! It was a warm bank holiday at the beginning of May last year (the same bank holiday that our wedding’s on this year!), were greeted warmly, and offered drinks as we looked through their portfolio (which is GORGEOUS), before trying our 3 gluten free tasters and discussing the design of our cake. I’m not going to go into any more detail than that for now (but probably will AFTER the wedding!), but I have nothing but positive things to say about the experience!
SO, the part you’re here for, the questions to ask:
- How long have you been in business?
- What is your baking background?
- How many weddings have you baked for?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Do you offer gluten free cakes?
- Do you use fondant or buttercream?
- What flavours are your specialities?
- How far in advance will our cake be made?
- This is our theme – what design/decorations do you have/can you suggest?
- Can we freeze a tier, and if so, what’s your advice for keeping/defrosting/eating etc.
- …and can you provide a cake box so we can transport it home safely?
- Do you deliver to our venue? If so, what’s the charge?
- How much is the deposit?
- When do you require the full payment?
- When will we receive a contract?
And as with Questions To Ask: Your Venue, and Questions To Ask: Your Photographer, there’ll be some questions that I (and you) don’t need to add to your list (eg. about flavours), because there’ll be basic information readily available on their website, or about cake stands and knives, which you’ll already know about through your venue.
I’m SO EXCITED TO SEE AND EAT THIS CAKE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!