We all love a yummy (slightly indulgent) evening meal around Christmas time, when it’s cold outside, and warm and cosy inside. And THIS is my go-to pasta bake.
Bacon and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooing Time: 25 minutes
Pasta (I won’t write down grams, who weighs their pasta? We all just chuck it in a pan and hope for the best)!
200g pancetta/bacon lardons
6-8 mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
150ml double cream (but I use Elmlea)
Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180° fan/200°C/Gas 6
2. Cook the pasta. Drain well and return to the pan.
3. Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat a little oil in frying pan or wok and fry the onion until soft.
4. Add the lardons and cook until they start to turn brown.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Take off the heat.
6. Stir in the pasta and cream. Season with pepper (the lardons add enough salt).
7. Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
8. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is browned (though I don’t like brown cheese so I cover with foil for the majority of the cook, then remove for the last few minutes).
9. Serve and enjoy! I like to compliment it with a cheeky glass of Merlot 😊
Go on, give it a try! If you’ve missed any Blogmas 2019 posts, catch them HERE.