I LOVE Christmas music, it really gets me in the festive spirit, so trying to keep it to less than 100,000 was HARD 😂 I love Christmas songs SOOOOOO much, wherever I am during December, they’re blasting out. I’m sharing a few of my ultimate faves with you…the ones that really get me in the festive spirit, remind me of someone special or just make me insanely happy! They’re in no particular order…enjoy!
1. FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK – I mean, it HAD to make the list!
2. CHRISTMAS WRAPPING – I don’t know why, but I’ve loved this since I was a kid!
3. THAT’S WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO ME – I first heard it a couple of years ago and now it’s up there with my top faves! I’m using it with one of my classes and I just can’t get enough of it! It’s perfect for dancing to💃🏻
4. STEP INTO CHRISTMAS – PURE JOY!
5. WOMBLING MERRY CHRISTMAS – This has been mine and my dad’s song for as long as I can remember, so however daft it is, I love it coz it makes me think of my daft Dad and I jigging round the living room 🙈
6. DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS – Mama P’s favourite, such a lovely song, and it makes me so happy. It always reminds me of her 💕
7. SAVIOUR’S DAY – This started out ironically a few years ago as my brother and I cackled at the music video…but now when I hear the song, it reminds me of the fun Todd and I have. So it fills me with joy 😂
8. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY – It isn’t Christmas without Slade!
9. HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS – So many artists have covered this song, I love them all coz I love the song so much…but this is my current favourite version.
10. I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAY – It isn’t Christmas without the Andrex puppy song!
11. BELIEVE – How could we forget about The Polar Express?! And that time I did a ballet solo to this and my skirt fell off half way through… 🙃
12. CHRISTMAS (BABY PLEASE COME HOME) – Specifically this version, along with the rest of this Phil Spector album, because it reminds me of Christmases with my family 🤗
13. LIGHT THE NIGHT – Because it’s pretty much been unofficially labelled as the Studio’s Christmas song…it’s come out every Christmas in various forms (shows, outdoor performances etc) for years now, so it’s not Christmas for me without hearing it!
14. IN DULCI JUBILO – You can’t sing along to it unfortunately (maybe whistle though), but is anyone else in agreement that this little number really makes you feel merry? 😊
15. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST; BUBLE. Any Buble. But this one reminds me of my Bish ❤️
Did your fave songs make the list? As I said, there’s SO many more I could’ve added, but these are all quite special to me! 🎅